TERMS & CONDITIONSSTAY
- TERMS & CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ACCOMMODATION CONTRACTS
[Scope of Application]
- Contracts for Accommodation and related agreements to be entered into between this Hotel and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. Any particulars not provided for herein shall be go governed by laws and regulations and/or generally accepted practices.
- In the case when the Hotel has entered into a special contract with the Guests insofar as such special contract does not violate laws and regulations and generally accepted practices, notwithstanding the preceding Paragraph, the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
[Application for Accommodation Contracts]
A Guests who intends to make an application for an Accommodation Contract with the Hotel shall notify the Hotel of the following particulars:
- (1) Name of the Guest (s):
- (2) Date of accommodation and estimated time of arrival;
- (3) Accommodation Charges (based, in principle, on the Basic Accommodation Charges listed in the Attached Table No.1);
- (4) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
- In the case when the Guest requests, during his stay, extension of the accommodation beyond the date in subparagraph (2) of the preceding Paragraph, it shall be regarded as an application for a new Accommodation Contract at the time such requests is made.
[Conclusion of Accommodation Contracts, etc.]
- A Contract for Accommodation shall be deemed to have been concluded when the Hotel has duly accepted the application as stipulated in the preceding Article. However, the same shall not apply when it has been proved that the Hotel has not accepted the application.
- When a Contract for Accommodation has been concluded in accordance with the provision of the preceding Paragraph, the Guest is requested to pay an accommodation deposit fixed by the Hotel within the limits of Basic Accommodation Charges covering the Guest's entire period of stay (3 days when the period of stay exceeds 3 days) by the date specified by the Hotel.
- The deposit shall be first used for the Total Accommodation Charges to be paid by the Guests, then secondly for the cancellation charges under Article 6 and thirdly for the reparations under Article 18 as applicable, and the remainder, if any, shall be refunded at the time of the payment of the Accommodation Charges as stated in Article 12.
- When the Guest has failed to pay the deposit by the date as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of Article 3, the Hotel shall treat the Accommodation Contract as invalid, However, the same shall apply only in the case where the Guest is thus informed by the Hotel when the period of payment of the deposit is specified.
[Special Contracts Requiring No Accommodation Deposit]
- Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article, the Hotel may enter into a special contract requiring the accommodation deposit after the Contract has been concluded as stipulated in the same Paragraph.
- In the case when the Hotel has not requested the payment of the deposit as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article and/or has not specified the date of the payment of the deposit at the time the application for an Accommodation Contract has been accepted, it shall be treated as that the Hotel has accepted a special contract prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
[Refusal of Accommodation Contracts]
The Hotel may not accept the conclusion of an Accommodation Contract under any of the following causes ;
- (1) When the application for accommodation does not conform with the Provisions of these Terms and Conditions;
- (2) When the Hotel fully booked and no room is available;
- (3) When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed liable to conduct himself in a manner that will contravene the laws or act against the public order or good morals in regard to his accommodation;
- (4) When the Guest seeking accommodation can be clearly detected as carrying an infectious disease;
- (5)) When the Hotel is requested to assume an unreasonable burden in regard to his accommodation;
- (6) When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities, dysfunction of the facilities and/or other unavoidable causes;
- (7) When the Guest seeking accommodation acts violently, makes treats, intimidates, makes violent demands, or makes any other coercive or unreasonable demand or action;
- (8) When the Guest seeking accommodation acts disruptively or dangerously, causing distress to other Guests, or behaves in any other way which may cause trouble for the facility or other Guests;
- (9) When it is feared the person desiring the accommodation, being in a state of intoxication, may disturb other guests of the Hotel. When the person behaves in a manner which gives disturbance to other guests(The Tokyo Metropolitan Ordinance).
- (10) When the Guest seeking accommodation has breached articles (3), (5), (7), (8) or (9) of the Terms and Conditions for Accommodation Contracts of the Hotel in the past;
- (11) When the Guest seeking accommodation is in a gang, a gang member, or is part of or related to an organization associated with gangs;
- (12) When the Guest seeking accommodation is associated with a corporation or organization whose board members or members are identified as gangsters and who control business;
- (13) When the Guest seeking accommodation is part or a member of an antisocial group that threatens the order and safety of society;
[Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Guest]
- The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Contract by notifying the Hotel.
- In the case when the Guest has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to causes for which the Guest is liable (except in the case when the Hotel has requested the payment of the deposit during the specified period as prescribed in Paragraph 2 of Article 3 and the Guest has cancelled before the payment), the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed in the Attached Table No. 2. However, in the case when a special contract as prescribed in Paragraph 1 of Article 4 has been concluded, the same shall apply only when the Guest is informed of the obligation of the payment of the cancellation charges in case of cancellation by the Guest.
- In the case when the Guest does not appear by 8 p.m. of the accommodation date (or 2 hours after the expected time of arrival if the Hotel is notified of such) without an advance notice, the Hotel may regard the Accommodation Contract as being cancelled by the Guest.
[Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Hotel]
The Hotel may cancel the Accommodation Contract under any of the following cases : Furthermore, the Hotel assumes no responsibility for damages incurred from cancellations of the Accommodation Contract conducted in accordance to this Article.
- (1) When the Guest corresponds to any of the items listed in Article 5 of the Terms and Conditions for Accommodation Contracts, or when such a connection is discovered during the Guest’s stay.
(2) When the Guest does not abstain from prohibited actions such as smoking in bed, tampering with the fire-fighting facilities and other prohibitions of the Use Regulations stipulated by the Hotel (restricted to particulars deemed necessary in order to avoid the causing of fires).
In the case when the Hotel has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the preceding Paragraph, the Hotel shall not be entitled to charge the Guest for any services which he did not receive during the contractual period.
The guest shall register the following particulars at the front desk of the Hotel on the day of accommodation.
- (1) Name, age, sex, address and occupation of the Guest(s);
- (2) For non-Japanese Guest(s); nationality, passport number, port and date of entry into Japan;
- (3) Date and estimated time of departure;
- (4) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
- In the case when the Guest intends to pay his Accommodation Charges prescribed in Article 12 by any means other than Japanese currency, such as traveler’s cheques, coupons or credit cards, these credentials shall be shown in advance at the time of the registration prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
[Occupancy Hours of Guest Rooms]
- The Guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guest room of the Hotel from 3 p.m. to NOON the next day. However in the case the guest room is contracted continuously, the Guest may occupy it all day long, except for the days of arrival and departure.
The Hotel may, notwithstanding the provisions prescribed in the Preceding Paragraph, permit the Guest to occupy the room beyond the time prescribed in the same Paragraph. In this case, extra charges shall be paid as follows :
- (1) Up to 3 hours : 30% of the room charge
- (2) Up to 6 hours : 50% of the room charge
- (3) More than 6 hours : 100% of the room charge
[Observance of Use Regulations]
- The Guest shall observe the Use Regulations established by the Hotel, which are posted within the premises of the Hotel.
The business hours of front service, etc. of the Hotel are as follows, and those of other facilities, etc. shall be specified in detail by brochures as provided, notices displayed in each place, service directories in guest rooms and in other ways deemed suitable by the Hotel :
(1) Service hours of front desk, cashier's desk etc.
- A.) Closing time・・・None
- B.) Front Service・・・24-hour service
- C.) Cashier ・・・24-hour service
- (1) Service hours of front desk, cashier's desk etc.
- The business hours specified in the preceding Paragraph are subject to temporary changes due to unavoidable causes on the part of the part of the Hotel. In such a case, the Guest shall be informed by appropriate means.
[Payment of Accommodation Charges]
- The breakdown of the Accommodation charges, etc. that the Guest shall pay is as listed in the Attached Table No.1.
- Accommodation Charges etc. as stated in the preceding Paragraph shall be paid with Japanese currency or by any means other than Japanese currency such as travelers cheques, coupons or credit cards recognized by the Hotel at the front desk at the time of the departure of the Guest or upon request by the Hotel.
- Accommodation Charges shall be paid even if the Guest voluntarily dose not utilize the accommodation facilities provided for him by the Hotel and which are at his disposal.
[Liabilities of the Hotel]
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage if the Hotel has caused such damage to the Guest in the fulfillment or the no fulfillment of the Accommodation Contract and/or related agreement.However, the same shall not apply in cases when such damage has been caused due to reasons for which the Hotel is not liable
- The Hotel is covered by Hotel Liability Insurance in order to deal with unexpected fire and/or other disasters.
[Procedure when unable to provide Contracted Rooms]
- The Hotel shall, when unable to provide contracted rooms, arrange accommodation of the same standard elsewhere for the Guest insofar as practicable with the consent of the Guest.
- When arrangement of other accommodation cannot be made notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Hotel shall pay the Guest a compensation fee equivalent to the cancellation charges and the compensation fee shall be applied to the reparations. However, when the Hotel cannot provide accommodation due to causes for which the Hotel is not liable, the Hotel shall not compensate the Guest.
[Handling of Deposited Articles]
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage when loss, breakage or other damage is caused to the goods, cash or valuables deposited at the front desk by the Guest, except in the case when this has occurred due to causes of force majeure.
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage when loss, breakage or other damage is caused, through intention or negligence on the part of the Hotel to the goods, cash or valuables which are brought into the premises of the Hotel by the Guest but are not deposited at the front desk.
[Custody of Baggage and/or Belongings of the Guest]
- When the baggage of the Guest is brought into the Hotel before his arrival, the Hotel shall be liable to keep it only in the case when such a request has been accepted by the Hotel. The baggage shall be handed over to the Guest at the front desk at the time of his check-in.
- When the baggage or belongings of the guest are found left behind after his check-out, and the ownership of the article is identified, the Hotel shall inform the owner of the article left and ask for further instructions. When no instruction is given to the Hotel by the owner or when the owner ship is not identified, the Hotel shall keep the article for 7days including the day it is found, and after this period the Hotel shall turn it over to the nearest police station.
- The Hotel's liability in regard to the custody of the Guest's baggage and belongings in the case of the preceding two paragraphs shall be assumed in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 1 of the preceding Article in the case of Paragraph 1. and with the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the same Article 15 in the case of Paragraph 2.
[Liability in Regard to Parking]
- The Hotel shall not be liable for the custody of the vehicle of the Guest when the Guest utilizes the parking lot within the premises of the Hotel, as it shall be regarded that the Hotel simply offers the space for parking, whether the key of the vehicle has been deposited at the Hotel or not. However, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage caused through intention or negligence on the part of the Hotel in regard to the management of the parking lot.
[Liability of the Guest]
- The Guest shall compensate the Hotel for the damage caused through intention or negligence on the part of the Guest.
[Waiver for Computer Communication Service]
- Please be informed that we are not responsible for any possible damage that may be caused by a system failure or for other reasons while the computer communication services are being used. In addition, the guest may be required to compensate the Hotel and a third party for any possible damage caused by acts that we judge to be an inappropriate use of our computer communication system.
Attached Table No. 1
The breakdown of the Accommodation charges, etc.(Ref. Paragraph 1 of Article 2, and Paragraph 1 of Article 1)
① Basic Accommodation Charges (Room Charge)
② Service Charge
③ Meals and Drinks (or Extra Meals and Drinks)
④ Service Charge
⑤ Other expenses.
⑥ Consumption Tax ( (①+②) x 10%,(③+④) x 10% )
⑦Accommodation Tax For nightly room rates(per person) between ¥10,000 and ¥14,999. tax is assessed at ¥100.
For nightly room rates(per person) of ¥15,000 or more, tax is assessed at ¥200.
Remarks of Table No.1 :
1. Rate of tax is subject to change with revision of tax laws.
2. Other expenses under ⑤ include telephone and laundry charges, etc.
Attached Table No.2
Cancellation charge for Hotels (Ref. Paragraph 2 of Article 6)
Contract is Notified
|1 Day Prior to
|14 Days Prior to
|30 Days Prior to
|Individual||1 to 14||100%||80%||20%||-||-|
|Group||15 to 99||100%||80%||20%||10%||-|
|100 and more||100%||100%||80%||20%||10%|
- The percentages signify the rate of cancellation charge to the Accommodation Charges
- When the number of days contracted is shortened, the cancellation charge for the first day of the cancelled period shall be paid by the Guest regardless of the number of days shortened.
- When part of a group booking (for 15 persons or more) is cancelled, the cancellation charges shall not be charged for the number of persons equivalent to 10% of the number of persons booked as of 15 days prior to the occupancy. When the cancellation is accepted less than 15 days prior to the occupancy, the date of acceptance shall apply with fractions ounted as a whole number.
- In case a special agreement exists per accommodation contract, the special agreement shall apply.
RULES ON USING ACCOMMODATIONS
Welcome to the Hotel JAL CITY. We hope that you will enjoy your stay and be able to make full use of our facilities. Hotel guests are kindly requested to observe the rules, outlined in Article 10 of the Accommodation Contract, so that their stay will be both comfortable and safe. If guests do not observe these rules, the Hotel will be obliged to cancel their accommodations and the related contract as specified in Article 7.
- Please refrain from smoking in bed or in parts of the Hotel which can easily catch fire.
- Please do not use inflammables for heating, cooking or the like, irons, candles, etc.,in the guest room or the corridors without the consent of the Hotel. Cooking in the guest rooms is strictly prohibited.
Please do not bring the following into the Hotel :
- (a) Pets and other animals in general. As exception of above regulation, guests may accompany guide dogs, hearing dogs and service dogs stipulated in the Laws concerning Assistant Dogs for the Physically Impaired. Note that if accompanying assistant dogs for physically disabled people may cause significant damages to the hotel facilities and/or users of the hotel facilities, the hotel may refuse guests to have such dogs accompanying them as well.
- (b) Malodorous articles.
- (c) Too large a number of personal effects.
- (d) Explosive, volatile or flammable materials.
- (e) Unlicensed firearms or swords.
- (f) Other items or articles which may threaten the safety of other Hotel guests.
- Please refrain from gambling or engaging in indecent or immoral behavior in the Hotel.
- Please refrain from shouting and loud singing in the Hotel.
- Please do not use drugs or stimulants in the Hotel.
- Please refrain from removing any Hotel belongings without the consent of the Management.
- If Hotel belongings are damaged or lost by the guest due to his/her own negligence, the Hotel may ask for compensation.
- Please refrain from using the Hotel for purposes other than lodging, dining and drinking without the consent of the Management.
- Please do not enter restricted areas of the Hotel.
- Please refrain from bringing food or drinks into the Hotel, or requesting delivery of food or drinks into the Hotel from outside without the consent of the Management.
- Please do not distribute or post advertising bills, or sell goods in the Hotels public area.
- Please do not leave any personal belongings or goods in the Hotel's public area.
- Please refrain from putting any articles in or near windows which could detract from the external appearance of the Hotel.
- Purchases at the Kiosk, tickets, taxi fares, stamps, and baggage transfer fees must be paid for in cash.
- The Hotel reserves the right to dispose of all articles left behind, lost or unclaimed, in accordance with Government Law.
- The Hotel may ask for payment in advance from guests who check in without reservations or with reservations made on the day of arrival.
- The Hotel requests that guests use safe deposit boxes for all valuables. Information is available at the Front Desk. We cannot assume responsibility for loss or theft of articles that are not deposited with us.
- Please make sure the door is properly locked when you leave the room. Also, make sure to lock and use the door-arm when you are in the room. Before opening the door, please look through the peephole or open the door only slightly without removing the door-arm.
- Please show your room key or lodging certificate card to the cashier when you sign bills or chits at the Hotel's restaurants and bars.
- A facility service charge will be added when room telephones are used for outside calls.
- Please do not invite visitors to your guest room, nor entertain them there.
- The Hotel may refuse to accommodate under-age guests, unless prior agreement has been made with a guardian.
- Should you wish to change your period of stay, please notify the front clerk in advance.
- The Hotel may ask for immediate payment when bills due exceed an amount set by the Management.
- P1ease settle payments in cash, travelers checks, credit cards, or coupons which are acceptable to the Management. The Hotel will not accept company or personal checks.
- Using photographs taken in the Hotel for commercial or public purposes is illegal, and those who do so will be subject to prosecution.
- A 10% service charge plus tax will be added to your bill, so please refrain form tipping.
- A bathrobe (yukata) and slippers have been provided for your use in your guest room. Kindly refrain from going out of your room in yukata or slippers.
- In the event of concern that a Guest is part of or related to an antisocial group such as a gang, or that said Guest opposes public order and good morals, the Guest will be refused accommodation once said information is discovered regardless of whether a reservation has already been made or whether the Guest is already utilizing the facilities.